Wednesday 31 July 2013

Family visit


This month has been really busy with my family visiting from America. I've been off of work for a bit too which has been nice, it's given me a chance to recharge my batteries and take a look at whats really going on in my life.

One of my options at the end of a long list of children options is adoption  and being around my nieces this month really gave me some perspective on that I think. I know they're my nieces and obviously related to me but they're not actually mine and the last couple of weeks with them has made me realise that I can love a child really really deeply that isn't biologically mine. I now that might sound a bit crazy but a fear I had/have when looking into egg donation and/or adoption is that I wonder if the child would ever really feel like mine, I wonder if I would ever love them the same as if they were biologically mine, the last thing I would ever what to do with any of the processes I'm going through or intend to go through is damage an innocent child. A child that I have is going to have a hard enough journey anyway I think due to the circumstances surrounding it's arrival and the last thing I would ever want to do is make life harder for them but I can honestly say I feel lighter having had them all to visit, I'm confident that I will feel the same as any other mum, that I will love a child that I have been given to care for which ever way they've come to me and they can have as happy a life as any other child. I know I can do this.

Thanks for your visit brother it really meant a lot. :-))

No comments:

Post a Comment