Friday 17 May 2013

Last scan of the week


Today is my last appointment and scan before the weekend and the last one before, hopefully, egg collection on Monday. At each appointment I of course always wonder, a panic a little, about how it's going to be and whether things are going to have grown ok or not, I think this is what everyone means by an emotional rollercoaster, it really is. Every step of the way you really never know whats going to happen, if your follicles grow, if they don't, if you have any eggs, if you don't, if they fertilise and if they don't! It just goes on and on, its a tough journey for anyone.

Good news today, I now have 2 follicles @ 20mm, 1 @ 17mm, 1 @ 16mm and 2 @14mm with my lining at 8.9mm which is all really fantastic news. So between 4 and 6 follicles that will be mature enough by Monday. They've advised that egg collection is going to be Monday although I still need to wait for a phone call this evening to make sure and to let me know what time to take the trigger shots, but great news. :-)

The phone call came this evening and it's all systems go! YAY!!
I need to take my two trigger shots on Saturday evening and then no injections at all on Sunday. Monday morning I need to be at the clinic by 10 am for my egg collection scheduled for 10.30 am. I am nervous, I'm nervous about a lot of things. The anesthetic, will there be any eggs, will they fertilise, will I wake up during the procedure? So many concerns and questions and the little difference doing it on your own is that you just have yourself to go over all of this with, there's no oneto talk it all over with, no one to voice your concerns with. Sometimes though I actually wonder if that's a good thing and whether it's actually easier on your own! At least you then don't have another person with their fears and worries as well causing you more worry!

Anyway it is what it is and this is now the way of my life I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment