Wednesday 15 May 2013

Appointment two


It's my second scan appointment today and I've been hoping against hope that it's going to be good again and that more follicles will have grown. This is just one part of the journey and it really is an emotional roller coaster. I just feel at time that I'm completely on my own with everything, normally people going through this have a partner by their side so for every up ad every down there's always someone to hold your hand and keep you in check, reassure you and comfort you but I don't have that and that I miss. I'm scared at times that I'm not going to be able to hold it all together that the disappointments and the pain will be too much to bare and that really scares me. I've made this choice though and its a journey I'm prepared to take, pitfalls and all!

This morning although there's no real disappointment I think it could have been a little bit better. My follicles have grown a little again and my womb lining is now 8.7mm which is fantastic..........apparently. ;-) On my right side I now have 2 follicles at 16mm, 1 at 13mm and on my lest side I have 2 at 10/11mm so they've all grown between 2 and 4mm each but only 5 in total, the others haven't really done much. My oestrogen level was a massive 2167 or thereabouts, which again was fantastic. It was 900 last time so a massive difference which is great news, so all in all good news again, so much better than last time.

My smaller follicles just really need to grow some more otherwise they could be looking at IUI again and I just really want a chance at egg collection, I really want a chance to make this happen. So lots of growing thoughts for the next couple of days and to get it all working and the blood flowing I went for a lovely walk along the seafront. 

No comments:

Post a Comment