Wednesday 24 April 2013

My next appointment


Finally the 24th has arrived and I now get to find out what the next stage of my IVF journey is.
I've wondered whether the doctor would recommend another course of IVF or say it wasn't worth it and it's been on my mind a lot. Of course I've been hoping they'll say it's ok for another course, especially as the last course didn't make it to egg collection, I kinda feel I've been a little short changed.

Anyway fortunately my doctor has recommended another course of IVF, this time with slightly different drugs so it's all systems go again.

She has prescribed norethisterone to take on the lead up to my period which will also then delay my period a couple of days and then I'll start my injections again, sounds good to me.

I then had three hours to kill before my nurse appointment to discuss my drugs and look at what needed ordering and then I was back there again. The nurse I saw, who I can't say I get the best vibes from, asked me when my next period was due and promptly told me it was too late to start this cycle and I 'd have to wait another month.
To say I was furious would be a massive understatement, in those three hours I'd really got my hopes up, 'd emailed my boss keeping her updated and I was ready for this. After the last failed attempt and waiting around for a few weeks I just want to get on with things and move further along my journey, I just want this all to happen and I'm getting impatient with all the waiting.

I left the clinic feeling really down and upset that I'd have to wait another month yet at the same time I kept playing over in my mind what the doctor had said, I laid in the bath trying to relax yet by the time I got out I was fuming.
I know for sure that the doctor told me I could start this cycle and I just can't understand why the nurse would say different. I don't feel I have a great rapport with this nurse but even so, she should still do what the doctor says shouldn't she?
I'm going to have to call in the morning and find out whats going on, please let me start this cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment