Monday 18 March 2013

Not great news


So not great news today really. :-( Despite hoping against hope over the weekend.

I went off to the clinic for my scan and was seen pretty quickly which was nice and my oestrogen had gone up from 100 something to over 900 which apparently was great news but unfortunately only three of my follicles had grown any. They measured my three growing follicles at one at 15mm, two at 12mm and the rest were just 8mm. My womb lining measured at 5.6mm which was a tiny bit better than the scan on Friday but again not great. I have to say though although only three follicles are growing and my lining isn't thickening as fast as it should I know everything's doing the very best it can and after all, this is just my first time of taking these drugs, I just know my body's working as hard as it can though. 

Victoria, the nurse I saw today, made the suggestion that it might be better to convert to IUI to give me the best possible chance. I am still strugling with the know how of it all but I do know that with just three follicles growing not all of them may actually contain an egg and once they start the procedure my understanding is that they possibly lose some on the way so with only three it really does seem to minimise my chances. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't upset but I have to put myself in their hands for them to be able to do their very best for me.

Victoria went off to speak with the doctor but she was busy in theater so I just had to go home and wait it out for a phone call after shed been able to speak to her.
The phone call came at 13.15 and this time it was Jo. She's a lovely very bubbly and very efficient nurse and I trust her completely, but it was still upsetting when she confirmed that if my scan shows similar results on Wednesday then they would definitely convert to IUI.
I was really upset because I, like everyone else of course, desperately want this to work and as I'm self funding I'm really not sure how many chances with this I'm going to get but really I just need to put all my energy into this chance working right now.

More of the relaxation and hypnosis CD then I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment