Friday 15 March 2013

First scan after starting drugs


This morning I'm back at the clinic for my first scan since starting the drugs. I guess this is what everyone's talking about when they say its an emotional rollercoaster. I desperately want things to be going well but you know what will be will be, I've done everything I can so far and right now there really isn't anything more I can do. The thing is you do absolutely everything you can to give yourself the best chance but when it comes down to it your body will do the best it can at the time and you really can't change that anymore than you already have.

I had the scan which showed that I had eight follicles all at approximately 8mm, the number of follicles was good but the fact they hadn't grown more than 8mm wasn't so great. I'm on almost the maximum of Menopur so they're not looking at increasing the dosage at the moment as the little they could increase it by wouldn't really make any difference. :-( So we're going to give it another couple of days and see how they're doing on Monday.
The scan also revealed how my womb lining was doing. They want it to be thickening and today it was 5.4mm thick, I think it was 4mm something on Monday so that's encouraging as well.
Now I guess I just have to wait to see what Monday holds. Hopefully larger follicles and thicker womb lining.

I have a relaxation and hypnosis cd which I intend to use every day in the hope that the visualisation part of it will work it's magic and Mondays appointment will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment