Sunday 10 March 2013

Driving home from Manchester


I've had the most perfect week away, I've had great company and the weather has been just perfect, just what I needed before I start my first IVF.
Starting IVF depends on my period starting at the right time and not early and also on blood tests and a scan that will be done on the start day. So really I need lots of things to be going my way to be able to start the treatment this month.

For the last few days I've known my period was coming soon and I really thought it was going to arrive on Friday so had to call the clinic from away to change the provisional appointment I had, but then they told me  that with my period starting Friday Monday was too late to start treatment, fortunately it didn't start, and they made an appointment for me on Monday just in case.


I've been hoping and praying, despite not being religious, that my period wasn't going to arrive early again this month and perfect timing it started this morning. The fact that I now have a five hour bus journey from Manchester to Gatwick to contend with is now nothing to me, I'm silently really excited about the fact that tomorrow evening I could be starting the first of my IVF injections, I can't wait. First though I need to get home and then I need tomorrows clinic appointment with a scan and blood test to go ok. But if that's all ok then I'll be starting the injections in the evening. Yippee!

All the way home on the bus all I could think about was what the next few weeks are going to hold for me and how I'm going to make the most of the time off work.....but knowing me I won't do a great deal, just the same as I normally do when I'm off just intersected with various clinic appointments. I may surprise my self yet though.

Back home I'm shattered and head for an early night before what is going to be a big day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment