Monday 11 March 2013

Day one


So today's the big day!
I'm up at the crack of dawn literally. I woke up at 5am and seeing as I was in bed by 9 last night I guess that's pretty understandable, oh the joys of jet lag! To be honest though I don't really mind. It's very rare that I actually see this time of day by choice, in fact scrub that, I never see this time of day by choice. So it made a nice change really and gave me plenty of time to get up leisurely and get ready for my drive over to the clinic.

I'm still quite nervous about how today will unfold as I know they have to do a scan and a blood test just to make doubly sure I'm ok to start this cycle. Thing is I'm so desperate to get started, it's been three months since I made the big decision and started the ball moving and I really just want to get started, get pregnant and enjoy the rest of my life! :-)

At the clinic I'm relaxed and calm and enjoy a delicious hot chocolate before being called in for my blood test and then 10 minutes later for my scan. It was another internal scan to look at the antral follicles and this time they saw 2 on one side and 6 on the other so very similar if not totally the same as before which is a good sign now I just need to go home and wait for a call or no call to confirm my blood test had come back ok.

Back home I make a valiant effort to try and stay busy and keep my mind off the possible forthcoming phone call and when the phone rings at 5.30pm my heart sinks, Laura said they wouldn't call if everything was ok and now the phone was ringing. :-( Thankfully it was Jo just to confirm that everything was ok to start injections tonight. Fantastic! Now just to get over my fear of needles.

No comments:

Post a Comment