Tuesday 1 January 2013

A new year, a new start


Christmas is always a bit of a trial for me, I miss my mum so much and Christmas was always a time she loved and it's such a special time for families that it seems to just make it all that much harder.

Christmas in our house is a quiet affair these days but this year it gave me plenty of time to think about things and look things up on the internet as well as order a book off of Amazon which 'is famous for getting women pregnant when everything else fails'. Yay....bring it on.

I made the decision over the holidays that this was it, I needed to do absolutely everything I could to make this work for me and that's just what I was going to do. Starting with lifestyle and healthy eating. As of today no alcohol, no caffeine, more exercise and loads of vegetables.......I don't think I even really like vegetables!

One of the things I have read about and seen reference to on the internet is acupuncture and its positive effects on fertility.
A couple of  years ago a sports therapist tried to do acupuncture on me but I really wasn't convinced and haven't done anything like that since but desperate times need desperate measures.

A bit of an internet search threw up a couple of places in my home town and one about a 20 minute drive away so I called them all. The first one I spoke to made me laugh and I vowed not to call them again as when I explained that I was interested in acupuncture to undertake alongside IVF he very strongly said instead of IVF!! Mmm right.....good luck with that one as without a bloke acupuncture on it's own is doing absolutely nothing for me!
The next one I called was the one a 20 minute drive away but a couple of comments on forums recommended her and shes also worked at The Zita West fertility clinic in London. On the phone Sue sounded so calm, honest and lovely, I was sold.
Unfortunately she didn't have an appointment free until 12th January but in the meantime asked me where I had gone for the consultation and suggested that I look at other clinics as being private I could, she suggested two other clinics not far from me to try and so I gave them both a call.

Of course any appointment I make is going to cost money but I do want the best treatment I can get so I just need to plow on right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment