Wednesday 7 November 2012

The start of my journey


So the nurse has basically told me I'm too late to try and have children but even with that in mind she's quite happy to take money off of me to do some blood tests to give more of an idea of what my body thinks of it all.

One of the many things I disagree with in this system is how you're penalised because you don't fit the norm. Any treatment I have from this moment on with regard to fertility treatment has to be paid for by me and all because there's no man in my life.

Now there may be some who agree with that and there may be some who disagree but tell me where it's right that just because I haven't found a man I can trust enough to fall in love with and let into my life during an age where infidelity and cyber sex are at an all time high that I should be penalised just because I want to bring a child into this life, to love and care for and show this unique and exciting world to. How can it possibly be right that I have to pay a minimum of £6000 per IVF treatment (if that's the route I take) just because I'm single when others in sometimes unhealthy and negative relationships that may not last get it all for free??

So what it comes down to at this appointment is that I have to pay £250 for some blood tests and book in and pay another £250 to see a consultant. I don't agree with it and I never could, I come from a time where equality is paramount and inequality is unacceptable and no matter where my journey takes me and what may happen along the way I will never think it's right that some people are treated for free and others have to pay.

But have the blood tests I did and while I waited for the results and my appointment with the consultant to come round I went on holiday!
Central America here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment